We’re thrilled that the Sunnyside Greenmarket and the Queens County Market are joining forces for Sunnyside Up, a “food and farm festival.” It will take place on Saturday, June 28 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and it’s going to be terrific day. What a great way to usher in the start of summer (which technically starts this weekend at 6:51 a.m)!
Along with the farmers you’ve come to know and love at the Sunnyside Greenmarket, the Queens County Market vendors and local restaurants will contribute even more awesome—they’ll be there with tasty prepared foods and beverages. There will also be family-friendly activities and live music.
For those of you who haven’t been to the Sunnyside Greenmarket before (or only a few times), here are the farmers that are usually there, as per the Greenmarket website:
- American Seafood—Wild-caught fish and shellfish from Suffolk County, NY.
- Ballards Honey—Honey from Delaware County, NY.
- Breezy Hill Orchards—Pears, apples, cider & baked goods from Dutchess County, NY.
- Dipaola Turkey—Turkey from Mercer County, NJ.
- Gajeski Farm—A variety of vegetables from Suffolk County, NY.
- Gonzalez Farm—vegetables, Mexican specialty products, and strawberries from Orange County, NY, New Farmer Development Project participant. (starting June/July)
- Goodale Farms—Milk and dairy from Suffolk County, NY.
- Hot Bread Kitchen—Multi-ethnic artisan breads and tortillas from New York County, NY
- King Ferry Winery—Premium wines from Cayuga County, NY.
- Knoll Krest Farm—Eggs and chicken from Dutchess County, NY.
- Meredith’s Bakery—Baked goods from Ulster County, NY.
- Millport Dairy—Cheese and baked goods from Lancaster County, PA.
- Nolasco’s Farm—Vegetables from Warren County, NJ. A New Farmer Development Project Participant.
- Rising Sun Farm—Grass fed beef from Washington County, NY.
- Toigo Orchards—Orchard fruit from Cumberland County, PA.
- W. Rogowski Farm—Certified Naturally Grown vegetables from Orange County, NY.
Queens County Market vendors include Charlito’s Cocina, Local Sawce, Chai Mookie, Gustavo’s Salsa, Bare Tea, Sabba’s Spicery, among others, as well as several new vendors. We’re sure it’s going to be great! So head on over on the 28th and be prepared to have a wonderful time!
Sunnyside Up at the Sunnyside Greenmarket, Skillman Ave btwn 42d & 43rd Streets, Sunnyside